Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Soli Deo Gloria

Wow, i haven't written anything here since CStone... whelp, time to get going.

Not much has happened, really. Life moves slow when your trying to get back into routine and you seem to forget the fun that has happened.
Most of my friends (I'm mostly friends with lower classman) are going off to collage. I'm still no differ ant from them except that i go to a community collage and get to stay home.
Among those friends is Heidi. She seems to be adjusting well to Malone U. I've already been there twice (its a 2 hour trip each way which makes commuting hard). I'm trying to learn my way there for some future reference.

On Friday when Heidi showed us (her dad and i) the collage, we went to admissions and saw some people on my going there next year (its at the top of my collage-transfer list...not solely because of Heidi, though. although she plays a part). We brought her home for the Labor Day weekend but i didn't get to see her much due to homework issues on both sides, but it was nice to see her at church and to and from the collage.

When we took her back to her dorm, the trip didn't seem nearly as long as it had before. Probably because my mom and dad were tagging along. Mark (her dad) and i didn't talk almost at all on the first trip).Its always far easier to talk when there's at least a third person there for some reason. Well, I said it wasn't as painful as the first trip...i shoulda said for me. Heidi got her computer out (it has been screwing ip with numerous problems) and saw that she lost almost all of the artwork she'd been working on except for on duck. That made her so irritated at her computer that she wanted to jam a rusty fork into whoever made lenovo (my words, not hers), and also said a few things that I'd never heard her say before (nothing all THAT bad, but still).

She'd meant to give my parents the same tour that she gave me when we got done seeing her and Ashley's dorm but it just ended up being too late to do much of anything. Plus several of us had to get up early this morning, AND the computer problems were getting to her, so we let her be. We walked away from the school and i just started tearing up and I'm not completely sure why. Maybe because the girl i've known for 2 years is going to collage and im proud (like a parent?), maybe I dont want to have to wait another two weeks to see her again...probly more of the second one, but i AM proud of her. I'm proud that she chose such a good collage to shape her future in, where she can form her mind and habits for Jesus' glory.