Thursday, October 29, 2009

Top o' the Mornin' to ya~

HELLO!!! And how're y'all doing this fine mornin? i hope well.

This year's you group retreat was awesome. The first night we played a game where the leaders (ME!!! W00T!) dress up and try to tag the youth...like hide and seek mixed with tag. I was Dwight from the office. Everyone was amazed at how much i looked like him and that made me proud :D

Yesterday was mine and heidi's 2 year anniversary. We coudn't do anything since she's at Malone U. in Ohio, and we probably wont be able to for the next week or so. Doesn't feel like 2 years at all! Feels more like 1. Time flies i guess.

My adobe classes are going well. Just got done with a redesign of a cd cover that i didn't think quite fit the bill. I did The Myriad's "You Can't Trust a Ladder." I actually like the original cover, but i dont really see what it has to do with the title.
Mine is a bit more dramatic, but i like it.
Our final projects in the classes are gonna tale a while. The first one is to make a full advertising package for a restaurant, coffee house or company with a partner and come the end of the project, your not supposed to b able to know who did what. The project is supposed to be seamless. This will be a bit of a challenge because I tend to be a perfectionist at this kinda stuff, and my partner tends to settle for lesser than best. Fun.
The second project is to pick a magazine article and make two interpretive illustrations to it. Doesn't sound that hard, but its gonna take more work than i care to realize. :/

I've been yoyoing a LOT lately. Wow, i know i always go on breaks before getting back into things, but that break was really short. I'm skipping a lot of tricks in the videos im learning from and going straight to the technical tricks in the master section. i'm trying to learn superman, but there is no way my current yoyo has enough spin time to make it through the trick. Thats why im looking into getting my first high-end yoyo. Most yoyos are for beginners, the one i have now (The YYJ Dark Magic) is for Intermediate to Expert users, not im looking into getting an all-metal YYF(Yoyo Factory yoyo). I am torn between getting the undersized eight8eight, the full-sized DNA or another full-sized G5.
The eight8eight is undersized which means that i will probably suck with it at first, but my skill will increase once I learn to hit the smaller yoyo on the string. It also comes with hubstacks (little nubbies on the sides which let you hold the yoyo while it spins). The DNA is essentially an eight8eight except bigger, so same spin time with a bigger yoyo and hubstacks. The G5 is meant for grinding (making the yoyo spin while touching your hand or finger) and comes with hub stacks AND z stacks. Z-stacks are like hub-stacks where you can hold the yoyo while it spins, but they're more like plates rather than nubbies. The plates make for a better chance of catching the yoyo.

I have no idea which one to get. They all have about the same price tag (which really hurts the wallet, but its okay i guess). Yes, they are very expensive for a yoyo, but this summer i've learned to not judge a price by what the product is, but by how much that you'll use and enjoy it. I yoyo all the time and need a better yoyo to be able to progress in the tricks, and i enjoy it a lot, so i believe the price is worth it for me.