Friday, June 25, 2010

I didn't really fight, but the law still won

yoyo club and drive in night yesterday. Toy story 3 was AWESOME. see it. Price of persia...it was pretty good, but i dont care if i see it again. just not my kind of movie :/

Going to and from the drive in i had to drive jared's girlfriend's house to pick her up and drop her off, and she lives deep into prospect, which is in the complete opposite direction from where i live from the church by a good 15 miles, then another while on the backroads.

While driving her back, I see lights in my back mirror, and i thought it was an ambulance since it was a fairly big car, but couldn't really see very well because of their headlights, so i pulled a little onto the berm (while still driving) to let them pass. they didn't pass. I tried it a few more times and nothing. Finally, they put on their siren. Ohhh crap, the police >.>
I pulled over and stopped, turned off the car and waited. I didn't know what to expect because i'd never been pulled over before...
police: "DRIVER OF THE WHITE VEHICLE, STEP OUT OF THE CAR WITH YOUR HANDS UP!"
me: (WHAT!? what'd i do?)
I stepped out, hands in the air.
P:"NOW BACK UP SLOWLY TO US!"
when i got back far enough, the guy pushed me on the hood of their car, twisted my arm behind my back, shoved my head against the car, and pulled my belt up so high it gave me a wedgie.
He asked me a bunch of questions, once or twice using some colorful language. Then prceded to frisk me.
"Do you have and weapons on your person?"
"No," i answered in a loud, firm voice.
"Do you have and alcohol or any narcotics in the vehicle?"
"No," i answered again.
He pushed me again against the vehicle, "You better stop that attitude right now! You're already in a whole load of SH**."
I was only doing what i was taught to do in school...i didn't MEAN and attitude.
He eventually released me and took me to the front of the car and put my hands on the bar-thing while he went into his car and did something (im guessing talking on the radio?) and then he questioned Jared and Hope who were still in the back of my car.
He came to me told me i could stand up, and that our stories matched. Turns out i crossed the fog line on mount chestnut, and they started following me. Once i saw them and tried to let them pass by going over it again a few more times, they were convinced i was a DUI (i guess that makes sense...wish i would thought of that while i was driving >.>;). He let me off with a warning because he was convinced i wasn't drunk (didn't make me take a breathalyzer, though), and it was my first pull-over. he took down my info, and sent me off.

By the end (or actually from the first step out of the car) my heart was pounding out of my chest and twitching (yea, i twitch when i get really nervous. Especially in my right leg).
It wasn't until i was home and laying in bed that i realized that i probably has two guns pointed at me while i was backing up tot heir car, and i had a pocketknife in my pocket that i forgot about which would have looked bad, and i also forgot to mention the tylonol and ibuprofen that was in my glove compartment (im nto sure if those are considered narcotics, but i dont think it would have gotten me in trouble.)

all around, a good day, but a frightening night.