Tuesday, July 13, 2010

obsessive stuff

----------OBSESSIONS----------
Ever since Cornerstone this year, I've been thinking about getting into unicycling. I'm not sure why it started there, but i think it would be a good new obsession to get into. Yoyos are kind of dying out a little and i need to find something to keep me occupied.

he way my obsessions work is I find an obsession to occupy my time and stick with it exclusively for a long time, usually a year or two. Then when i get bored with that one, i either find a new one or go back to an old one. Then when i come back to the obsession i got bored with later, I'm better than i ever was before and can do things i wasn't able to before.
I've seen this with both rubik's cubes and yoyo's so far. rubik's cubes are starting to make their way back, but not the whole way. It's weird because all of my obsessions before have been all about micro-motion (small movements with fingers or whatever) but this one is more about macro-motion (bigger, full-body movements). I've never had one that dealt with macro motion before so im interested to see how this will turn out.

I've asked Dave Krack (the local unicyclist) on facebook if i could borro one until i can buy my own, but who knows if he'll check his messages o not. So far he hasn't accepted my friend request, probly because wither he forgets or he doesn't know how :/

anyways, those are my thoughts lately

----------PARTAE!----------
My parents went away on monday for a few days and gave me permission to have a party. I decided to have a Halo party since we haven't had one in a while. There were two groups. It just happened that all the halo veterans were on one team and all those that never really played before were on another team. The second game we tried to even it out with 3 people on the veterans and 5 people on the n00b team. The inexperienced team still didn't have fun because they couldn't get a kill on the other team. *sigh* i wish bungie didn't take out the handicap option that they had in halo 2.
after that was a short amount of DDR which didnt really work ince the TV had a bit of lag with the PS2, and the rest was us wandering youtube.

What i learned: leave the video game parties to the pros.